« Home | Ambergris Adventure and a New Record Wahoo at 101 ... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: “Oh that Sweet Fish” » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: First Bonefish Catch! » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Virgin Seas for the Sull... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: The James Family Adventures » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: First Kite School » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Record Wahoo Caught on A... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Surf School » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Bonefish Paradise Park » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: First Bonefish! »

Ambergris Cay Chronicles: “The Black Jack”


Most people have no idea what a “Black Jack” is until they see a picture. Personally, I thought it was a giant trevalli when I first caught this beauty. I immediately called Fuzzy Davis, my fishing mentor, and told him about my discovery. He thought I had lost my mind, being that giant trevalli are only caught in the South Pacific. He quickly reassured me with a laugh, that it must have been a Black Jack. This Black Jack was not a pirate or a poker card—it was a fish that was as stunning as it was powerful.

Pictured above is Captain Martee Doverspike with a great shot of the legendary Black Jack. Hope to see you soon.

-Capt. Byron Sewell