« Home | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: “The Black Jack” » | Ambergris Adventure and a New Record Wahoo at 101 ... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: “Oh that Sweet Fish” » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: First Bonefish Catch! » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Virgin Seas for the Sull... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: The James Family Adventures » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: First Kite School » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Record Wahoo Caught on A... » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Surf School » | Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Bonefish Paradise Park »

Ambergris Cay Chronicles: Like Father, Like Son!



Henry Moog may be a new family member to Turks & Caicos Sporting Club at Ambergris Cay, but by no means is he new to the Turks and Caicos Islands. For over 35 years he has loved and explored these virgin waters. The first time I took Henry out was one of those tough days for a fishing guide; the tides were extreme and the weather was less than hospitable. We only had an hour of time together and didn’t catch much, but I knew he had the insight into how special these waters are.

Henry reminded me of my own dad in many ways. He spoke of his son Tripps who was my age and has a passion for fly-fishing like I do. So when I heard Tripps booked an offshore fishing trip with me, I was stoked to give it all I had and see what our “MOJO” could create. Tripps had his best friends with him and as you can see the bite was on! These waters really are magical and unique.

- Capt. Byron